Tuesday, September 22, 2009

~Travel log day two to Forks and Canada and back~

Stephenie Meyer Day Forks Wa. Sept. 12th 2009 :

I have discovered something about myself while on this vacation. It would seem that if I am excited and traveling I don't require much sleep. This would be the reason I woke up at 5:30 am today. I felt bad waking up so early not wanting to wake up Jennifer. I however chanced a look her way when I seen one of her eyes pop open. We both smiled knowing that today we would be in Forks where our sparkly vampire books took place.

After we got ready for the day we set out towards the main building in the lodge we were staying at. See my first travel blog for a link and info about the lodge we stayed at our first night. Back to the story. We made our way towards the main building knowing that we would be able to find some breakfast. We ate breakfast quickly so that we would have ample time in Forks. The plan was to see some of Forks. After that hit the park where they had a big Twilight event set up in honor of SM day. Then we were going hit the road towards true love or I mean Vancouver BC. Because we had yet another long drive a head combined with not knowing how long it would take to cross the border we had to tour Forks quickly.

Forks is a beautiful little town. They embrace the whole Twilight Saga. They have many shops that sell twilight related merch. In addition to the shops this little town offers tours of the Forks high school, police station, hospital ect. Forks is well worth the visit. Jennifer and I had only one regret and that was that we could not have stayed longer. We missed out on some of the many activities they had planned for SM day. Never fear we are talking about going again next year. We barely made it out of Forks when we talked about going again. Is that lame ?? No wait I don't want to know. We have several pictures of Forks and I will post a few here to share with everyone. I bought myself an awesome t-shirt that said Forks Bites , a coffee mug, some post cards and some jewelry. I have to say I came across one t-shirt that would have made be spit out my drink had I been drinking anything at the time. It said and I quote here " I got licked in La push ". The Forks high school cheerleaders were out along with some Edward look a likes. Psst guess what we got pictures. Bottom line if you ever get a chance to visit Forks I highly recommend it.

I was going to end my blog with the whole I highly recommend it bit when I remembered something that I had to share. I wanted to look my best while on vacation. I mean hello what if I run into Rob I want him to look at me and think she is going to be the mother of my Cullen babies who is Bella again ?? Anyway sorry I slipped back into fantasy world for a moment. But still you know what I'm saying. I spent a lot of time looking my best. This morning I went for the sleek straight hair beauty look. I do have to say I looked pretty good and I was feeling good. That was until disaster struck. We were visiting the beach taking pictures. At this point I'm still feeling pretty good. Jennifer and I get in the car because we really had to be on our way. In addition to all the reasons I listed above for leaving Forks quickly the biggest reason I forget to list. We had to be in Vancouver BC by 7 pm ! Why you ask OK I will tell you we had concert tickets to see 100 monkeys you know Jackson Rathbone's band OMFG we were going to get to see Jasper ! OK back to the car we are on our way when I look up and see myself in the mirror. MY HAIR my beautiful straight hair was no longer straight but resembled a very fuzzy bird nest. It would seem I didn't take into account the dampness of the air being down next to the beach. My hair was awful !! Jennifer laughed at me and we got the before and after shot on video. It was rather funny. Moral of the story don't fix your hair and then go to the beach early in the morning.

New Blog Vancouver trust me you won't want to miss reading about that......

2 comments:

  1. oh no! Sorry to read about the hair story.

    However, I'm looking forward to reading about Vancouver.

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks Katie I should clip and send you guys the video it was pretty funny..

    ReplyDelete