Saturday, September 19, 2009

~Travel Log Day one to Forks and Canada and back~





Kristal's POV:

Sept.10th 2009

I think I will start this blog on Sept. 10th the night before we leave for Forks. I spent the night before hanging out with my family as this would be the longest I have ever been a part from my children. I also watched Supernatural and Vampire diaries. A little Sam and Dean to help ease the excitement of leaving. I tried to be in bed by 10 pm but I could not sleep, I wonder why ?

Sept. 11th 2009

I must have finally fallen a sleep because it was really hard to wake up at 6:15 am the morning we left. I felt like I had sandpaper in my eyes but that was nothing compared to the excitement I was feeling as I headed towards the shower. I was thinking I am going to see twilight sets and sleep in Forks tonight. The plan was to meet Jennifer at our children's school load my stuff in her car and then take off. Only as we headed down the road we realized Jenn did not have her Canadian money yikes ! We came home got her money and off we went. We planned many stops along the way to Forks as we intended to visit as many Twilight sets as we could. Our first Stop Portland Or. to visit the Cullen house. One word AMAZING !! We had trouble finding the location as it is slightly obscured by trees. Lucky for us we ran into 2 twi-fans taking pictures of the house. Jennifer and I followed the flashes to success. We have our own pictures of the Cullen house that I will include in this blog. You are not allowed past the driveway as a family resides there. They allow pictures and Video but ask that you be very respectful of there home and not go past the driveway.

Next stop St. Helens Oregon where several scenes of Twilight were shot. St. Helens is a very lovely small town. First stop was the dress shop. You know the one where Bella first catches a glimpse of the bad guys and where everyone is trying on prom dresses. Anyway funny thing the little dress shop is a hair salon. I have no clue why I was feeling nervous but I swear people were staring us down lol. Anyone that knows me knows I am not shy so why I was feeling so is beyond me. The next spot was easy to find it was almost literally across the street from the hair salon. It was the little Italian restaurant where Edward and Bella went to eat after he saved her. It is some type of office. It was more magical in the movie but I still recognized it and knew I was in the correct spot. Jennifer and I had some trouble finding the Thunder bird and Whale but the moment we did it was on. Talk about two screaming teens had anyone come across us at that time that's exactly what they would have thought we were. I have our reactions on video. I think the video might be a bit of an embarrassment so I think I will keep it to myself. The Thunder bird and Whale bookstore is a lawyers office and pretty much to find it you have to be parked in THE parking lot. You know the one I speak of. The one where Edward saves Bella oh baby. Connected to the parking lot is the little alley and I remember that alley well. What a thrill to see where all that is holy Twilight movie was made hehe. Ok so do you think I'm a dork yet ?? It's ok I admit it.

After all this excitement we knew we still had a long drive a head of us to reach Forks. We were tired but determined to reach the mother land ! Forks here we come. Months in advance we tried to book a room in Forks. That was a joke because the weekend we chose to go up was SM day. If you don't know what this is search my other blogs I have links added. :) Anyway we felt lucky to have found a room at Kalaloch Lodge. It was an expensive room I might add. Here is a link if you want to check it out. http://www.visitkalaloch.com/

Over all I am grateful to have had a place to sleep. But just know if you do stay here that the view is great the breakfast was decent. However you will not have a TV or a phone in your room. Jenn nor myself had cell reception which was another bummer. So at the end of the day do you really want to pay 200.00 for a view ? I think next time we will book a room a year in advance if we have to.

Sleep finally claimed us. I think we had been on the road for 11 hours. Needless to say we were very tired. I woke up at 5:30 am because I knew we would be attending Stephenie Meyer's Day today. I do believe that's another blog ........

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great! I'm reading through the blog updates right now.

    I like the part about getting excited and screaming like teenagers. lol

    -Katie

    ReplyDelete