Saturday, September 19, 2009

Travel Log Day One to Forks and Canada and Back.

Jennifer's POV:

Sept 11, 2009

I can’t describe to you how excited I was when I woke up Friday morning. It literally felt like a dream. We had been planning the trip for so long that it kind of felt surreal that we were finally going.

Kristal and I in a car is a hoot…especially Kristal. If you are ever totally exhausted and having to drive. She is the one you want with you. She just makes everything more fun!!

Once we got food in our tummies and gas in the car we were out of Klamath…and listening to all the CDs we made for the trip. That’s another thing about Kristal and I ..we love to sing..and to just about anything. Well once we were on the road we started to notice something…did any of you watch the first episode of Vampire Diaries? Well we had crows at just about every corner while we were driving. And I’m not exaggerating!! Everywhere we went they were there. So we just figured the vampires were following us. Yes..we are just that special!!

Anyway our first stop was the Cullen House. I think Kristal is going to be putting all the addresses on the blog as well just so you have an easy “one stop shop”. Before I go any farther though…I was a mess while driving. I was scared to drive in a big city and Portland was big. But, once we got there it was amazing. There were two other girls up there taking pictures as well. You can actually only see part of the house because we all have to respect the owners’ privacy. Can you imagine living in “The Cullen House” and all the fans that come and take pictures? So we stopped at the end of the driveway and took lots of pics. While we stood there it was kind of surreal to be standing where “they” once were.

So the next stops we were going to make were in St Helens, OR. The drive there was really easy and once we got there it was so worth it! So St Helens was this really small town..with a few Twilight locations. The first once we found was the dress shop. Kristal and I discretely took pictures…because we didn’t want to get stared at in the middle of town. I know..too funny right? Do you know how many people have been through this town and taken pictures of the same places? Oh well. After the dress shop we found the restaurant. It sure didn’t look as magical as it did in the movie with the twinkle lights and all, but it was defiantly the place. Then we started looking for the “Thunderbird and Whale”. We had a bit of a hard time finding this one, but once we did “OMG!!!!” Because once we found it…we found the parking lot where Edward saves Bella from those “disgusting” guys and then the alley way where Bella first sees them while leaving the book store. I have to say..this was a squealing moment for me. And Kristal and I were so funny about this one. We were actually whispering to each other in the parking lot..like we were going to get in trouble for being there. Too funny!!

The next location was in Kalama, WA. This was where the outdoor scenes of the high school were shot, and another really exciting moment for Kristal and me. But remember, there were some really pivotal scenes shot in the parking lot. This is where we first see the Volvo, where Edward saves Bella from Tyler’s car, and where we witness Edward and Bella going “public”. We of course had to park in Edward’s spot. That did it for me…more squealing like a teenager!!

Once we left Kalama we knew that we needed to get on our way to Forks. We were really excited, but I could tell that the not sleeping the night before was starting to wear on me. But once we saw signs saying “this way to Port Angeles and Forks” we got our second and then third wind. The drive was really beautiful, but once we got to the lodge I was ready to get to sleep. We stayed at the Kalaloch Lodge, which was a nice place with a beautiful view. But I have to say that Kristal and I were a little taken a back with the lack of cell phone reception, TV, and internet. I know. Most people would pay to leave all that behind just to listen to the waves and be near the beach..but not us!! Once we got settled and in bed it was hard for us to believe that our first day was over already. And what an exciting day it was!

2 comments:

  1. Ok Jenn I have to say i am squealing while reading this haha !! YAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely sense the excitement in the blogs. I love it! I'm glad you both had a great time.

    ReplyDelete